View Single Post
Old 05-03-2004, 01:02 PM
Administrator

Default robert edwards auction results and swaps

Posted By: ramram

Wow! That's about all I can say about the last two weeks. I haven't been collecting as long as a lot of you but I'd have to say those were the most mind boggling numbers that I have seen. With that much unique material hitting all at once it begs the question - did a big time collector get hit by one of the big three (death, divorce or disaster)?? The next auctions may be strong in material as well. With the results from these auctions it might make a lot of investor/collectors pull out their goods. I ended up only picking up a couple of items (both from the Robert Edwards). I won the John Frye 1883 team cabinet. I thought for being the second black player in the history of professional baseball that it was a reasonable pickup...especially since it apparently was his own personal copy at one time. I also got the eleven 1869 Kearsarge player cabinet photos. That's the earliest individual shots of an entire team that I've ever seen (notice how I'm trying to justify my winnings - guess I need a little more self confidence...or money).