View Single Post
Old 06-06-2004, 10:41 PM
Administrator

Default West Coast Sports Collectors Expo 4-6 June

Posted By: Trevor Hocking

Thanks for all the great comments. I feel so out of place when I go to that show. There is next to no vintage cards, but I guess that is a win win for a dealer. It was nice to meet a lot of the board members, a lot more than I expected. By the way Adams book is amazing!!!! I did pick up some good stuff (thank you Donald). Some of the highlights where a N172 Glavin SGC 50, a nice run of Carmel cards, some T206's, and the star jewel, I was waiting for a few of the other dealers to finish packing up there stuff while I was saying my good bys, (Mastro had already packed up.) along with most of the other dealers. Along comes this guy who seemed a little odd but very nice. We talked for a long time about the old days of collecting and he starts to pull some boxes out of his bag (I know you are all drooling at this point) When I started to look through his boxes he had a 53 and 54 topps set in MINT in mean MINT!!! shape. He then started to tell me how he has the complete run of Topps and Bowman cards that he collected as a kid in the 50's 60's and 70's. I know you are all think did he buy it, no I did the right thing, I told him about Mastro and graded cards and the whole nine yards. So I will be setting up an appointment for him very soon. I hope they give me a kick back j/k. It does end a little in my favor. He went on to tell me that he has a complete run of Boston player in all the T, E, and N cards as well if I would be interested in those as well. So I am going to go take a look at those soon. I know I will pay very well for them. I will keep you posted.
Trevor Hocking