View Single Post
Old 06-15-2004, 12:53 AM
Administrator

Default Anyone know anything about an ebay buyer-seller

Posted By: Nickinvegas

My point in this whole matter is that the Haymakers were not a major league organization. The hayamkers and the rest of the teams that floated in and out of the National Association were not organized and therefore can not be considered. MLB agrees with my absurd opinion!

If we are going to include the haymakers we may as well include all of the negro leagues. There must be a line drawn somewhere...

I found this on the net, maybe it will help support my case:

"Historical Major Leagues
In 1969, the centennial of professional baseball, a commission chartered by Major League Baseball identified the following leagues as "major leagues". The list is sometimes disputed by baseball researchers. The MLB list included the following:

1876-present: National League of Professional Baseball Clubs
1882-1891: American Association
1884: Union Association
1890: Players League
1901-present: American League
1914-1915: Federal League

Some researchers contend that the National Association (1871-1875), the Negro Leagues (primarily during the years from 1921-1946), and the first year of the American League (1900) deserve consideration as major leagues due to the caliber of player and the level of play exhibited. However, game and statistical records for these particular leagues were not kept in a consistent manner."

Joe and Ryan I understand and respect your points, I think this is a subject that can be debated. And I am always up for a good debate.

Regards,
Nick