View Single Post
Old 06-21-2004, 04:52 PM
Administrator

Default Starting a Grading Company

Posted By: honus3415

What is needed is a SECURE encapsulation Authentication Service that would stake there financial reputation on answering the questions - Is what's encapuslated 100% authentic - YES or NO. Then include as a bonus the statistics regarding the item such as size (multiple places), thickness and so on .....

Grading companies are for 1989 Griffey Jr. rookies and all the other "10's" still waiting to be un"pack"ed. Leave the bickering of a "grade" to the people it matters to, the children. It's just like in sports, there's the BEST and there's the REST. You gotta WIN or you LOSE. There's one winner, a few almost winners and a million losers. As long as there are grades, there will be those poor souls drowning in the greed this competition brings.

The problem with today's grading companies is too much of their resources are being consumed grading cards of the last 50 years. They attempt to appease the appetites of those looking for that elusive "gem-mint-in-your-face-10-100-1000". True vintage items aren't receiving the attention they deserve. Vintage cards require much greater analysis, and possibly more resources than are financially practical, especially when you see what people will do to a piece of paper in their greed for the almighty dollar.

We need a company that lets everyone know one thing....Is it completely GENUINE without any additional physical matter?

A nice secure holder would be nice too.

What!! A choice of holders?

We can fight among ourselves quite nicely without the grading companies adding their 2 cents worth.

and thus ends MY 2 cents....never give me a penny for what I'm thinking.