View Single Post
Old 06-21-2004, 11:00 PM
Administrator

Default PSA LOSES Law Suit of lost/stolen Magie T206 card!!!

Posted By: Judge Dred

It's nice to hear that David (in this case Daniel) slew Goliath. To me it's very peculiar because now this opens PSA to a lot of other litigation. If this doesn't scare them then they are foolish. My guess is that the judge must have really debated the merits of Dan's efforts and credibility versus PSAs methods of receiving material. Either that or the judge got screwed over on a few submissions to PSA (bad joke).

You have got to figure that PSA is probably evaluating their submission policy and finding a loophole to relieve themselves of this type of responsibility in the future. Either that or they are going to revise their receiving methods and have multi thousand dollar items submitted in a different method and price structure.

Who ever it was that said that they'd rather have a know-nothing type of person opening packages has got a good point. The only thing they'd have to train them on is handling the material with a lot of care.

I still can't help but wonder EXACTLY what it was that pushed the judges decision to the plaintiff.

By the way, did PSA admit to anything? Did they ever try and provide you with a few comp submissions? Did PSA say anything to you after it was said and done? What are the rules governing small claims judgements - Can they be appealed?