View Single Post
Old 06-25-2004, 08:17 AM
Administrator

Default Baseball ticket values

Posted By: andy becker

agreed, unplanned events i.e. no hitter vs world series are worth more...sometimes much more. and i also agree with tom, a stub may be somewhat worthless...but a pair of full tickets would be huge. i'm sure opening night was sold out and if not that only left season ticket holders, who did not attend and perhaps a few more for whatever reason. but that was before collectors were seriously saving tickets.
i've sold a kerry wood twenty strikeout game full season ticket for $175 on ebay. the game was mid-week, the cubs were garbage at the time, there were plenty of unused season tickets from that game...however the tickets have not surfaced, which leads me to assume that; even in today's highten sense of collectable items (i refer to the joker...sorry if you're a board member ... who bought 6000 $2 win tickets, for the belmont, on smarty jones...all to sell on ebay), the average person does not save this sort of thing with the idea that it is valuable.
the braves tickets (if they're full) belong in mastro or such. that's a big ticket braves item...no pun intended