View Single Post
Old 05-19-2004, 02:55 PM
Administrator

Default Good Customer Service Award

Posted By: Jimmy Scott Elkins

I called regarding two caramel cards - both listed at $125 each (a VG/EX ungraded E90-1 Tinker and PSA 2 E93 Lajoie). The guy on the phone was very nice. After going to check and see if the cards were still there, he informed me the Tinker had been sold, but they still had the PSA 2 E93 Lajoie. I told him I would take that card and gave my cc info. Went outside, when I came back there was a message on my answering machine to call the guy back regarding my order (he DID give me a toll free # to call). I thought GREAT - he found the E90-1 Tinker! So, I called and asked for the gentleman I had spoken with. He THEN told me that the Lajoie was $175, that the $125 in the mailer was a mistake! I told him to cancel my order! I don't believe I will deal with them again. I always thought a deal was a deal, but guess not!

Anyway, I do believe Kit Young's grading is better than Larry Fritsch - the WORST grading I have ever seen from ANY dealer - MUCH WORSE than Steve Verkman's grading that you people are always knocking! I bought a PR/FR card from Larry that was a HALF OF A CARD!!!! I WOULD HATE TO SEE WHAT HE CALLS POOR!!!!!! I also purchased a "VG/EX" card from Larry that was graded a PR/FR 1!!!!!!!!!!!! At least Verkman is usually ONLY 1-2 grades high!!!!!! I AM DONE WITH THIS MAIL ORDER CRAP - I WILL STICK TO EBAY, WHERE YOU GET TO VIEW FRONT AND BACK (MOST OF THE TIME) THE CARDS YOU ARE BUYING!

I will end on a positive note - the BEST dealer I have EVER purchased cards from is Mike Williams! The cards are graded - sure, but are always NICE for the grade and Mike seems to always voluntarily round down or include shipping and insurance in the price!! The next best (and a close second) dealer I have dealt with outside of eBay is BOTN! Greg is always prompt in returning e-mails and is easy to work with - and all his cards are graded - so, no guessing or worrying!!!!! I really look forward to more dealings with these two dealers!