View Single Post
Old 05-20-2004, 03:22 PM
Administrator

Default Good Customer Service Award

Posted By: Jimmy Scott Elkins

Hate that happened to you! I really do! But, I guess it is worth it in the long run, to know who NOT to buy from. Luckily, the cards I purchased were under $200 total. I decided that it was not worth sending them back (with insurance and waiting, etc.). I did get lucky and actually made a small profit selling the cards (and listing the grades CORRECTLY)!

Again, dealers like Fristch and Kit Young (who tried to sell me a card for $50 more than it was listed for in his catalog), are the very reasons why I praised Mike Williams and Greg at BOTN! Both answer ALL questions. Both sell graded cards by the top companies (GAI, SGC and PSA). AND Greg has HUGE scans of all his cards for sale on his site (Mike doesn't, but is more than happy to send them to you upon request). Also with the auction houses, I really like Robert Edwards' new bidding format. Scott B. stated in an earlier thread about another auction house that he was rather confident had "shilled" all of his bids to his max the last day of the auction. I believe the SAME thing has happened to me lately in a couple of auctions, so the only major auction house I am going to be dealing with in the future is Robert Edwards (and 19th Century, which I just signed up with, as it looks like their cards end at some really good deals!).

That's another thing that has perturbed me lately - nobody bidding on the auction(s) and no activity, then (in the wee hours of the morning) the lot(s) suddenly reach your max bid - I could understand that once or twice, but NOT every time!