View Single Post
Old 08-26-2004, 08:57 PM
Administrator

Default My "National" Find

Posted By: Andy Baran

As many of you know, I have been searching for an 1886 N167 Old Judge Buck Ewing for many years. Last year, Quan told me about a PSA 2 Ewing that he had seen in the PSA office, but I had no way of finding out who the owner was, or where the card was. I was hoping to attend the National earlier this year, specifically to search for an N167 Ewing, but was not able to go. While many of you were enjoying the National, I was home, wishing that I could be there. Then, during the week of the National, I received a random e-mail from a gentleman in California that claimed to own an N167 Ewing. It turns out that he is the same person that Quan saw last year. He had owned the card for many years, and had been out of the hobby since the 1980's. He found my e-mail address through a web search of N167. I'm pretty sure that what he found was a link to an older BUY/SELL/TRADE thread from this site. After weeks of negotiations, we finally agreed on a sale price. The hardest part was that I was forced to negotiate for the card sight unseen, due to his lack of a scanner. The transaction finally took place today. A friend of mine picked up the card for me, and is sending it out tomorrow. He scanned it before mailing it, so I finally got a chance to see it. The best part of the story is that it is probably the most undergraded PSA 2 that I have ever seen. I still can't believe that I stayed home from the National, and the card at the top of my wantlist actually FOUND ME the same week. It proves that the BUY/SELL/TRADE post on this site works, for regular posters, lurkers, and even for those that have never heard of the site. Attached is a scan of the front and back of the card.