View Single Post
Old 09-11-2004, 07:39 PM
Administrator

Default Hollywood Park Show Report

Posted By: J Levine

Got there a little early today and was immediately handed two 1916 Standard Biscuit Phillies from a local dealer buddy of mine. Decent condition, one g one vg and spent about what I might pay on ebay for them.

Lots of vintage stuff incl. some neat unopened stuff that some guy was consigning at Mastro incl. a pre-1900 trophy bat. Was drooling over David Levin's table when the dealer who sold me the standard biscuit cards called me over to look at something he just bought in a lot of pre-war stuff. Turned out he had a
T-205 Blank Back Tom Jones...he let me take it around and get opinions on it...the consensus of the room was real but a hand cut card...Levin, McAvoy sports, the guys at Mastro, and another dealer buddy of mine all were interested. I took a chance and bought it for $100 (no creases but a tad short top to bottom and a little flaking of the border). I own two blank backs already that I know are cuts from an advertising piece (Moran and Tinker) and this looked more like a printers scrap to me.

I bought two obaks (the only two i saw at the show) as well. saw some nice stuff incl. a broadleaf t-207 that i wanted but had run out of money.

Trevor was out of town (hawaii from what I here) but I heard he made a killing on friday.

Overall, not a bad show...just wish I had a little more money...I walked away from the show with the t-205 jones, two standard biscuits, two obaks, and one very poor t-206.

-joshua