View Single Post
Old 09-11-2004, 10:37 PM
Administrator

Default Hollywood Park Show Report

Posted By: ErikV.

Much to my delight, my wife hasn't gone into labor yet, so I was able to make the show on both Friday and Saturday. TONS of great vintage cards available, most of which were pretty expensive. I saw a decent looking 1934 Goudey Set for sale for $4,000 (the Gehrig was a PSA 2.) Maybe someone who was at the show could help me out here, but there was a gentleman who was set up near the entrance that had a marvelous 1941 Play Ball Set (all PSA 8's and 9's) that he's going to be auctioning off next month. I got his card, but can't seem to locate it at the moment. Couple of table had strictly Old Judge and T206's. As one could imagine, the crowds were much larger on Saturday than Friday. Gagne had a large line for autographs. I think Beltre had a decent line too. I left just after Wes Parker and Magic Johnson were taking the stage.

One thing I did notice was the amount of slabbing that's consuming the show (hobby). I dunno maybe I just haven't been paying too close attention, but it seems like that's just about all I saw when I was there!

I managed to pick up a few more 1940 Play Ball cards (slabbed, of course). Only 52 more to go for the set!

Looking forward to the next show in February.