View Single Post
Old 09-15-2004, 03:32 PM
Administrator

Default Hollywood Park Show Report

Posted By: Anthony

As Aaron posted, it was a Leaf baseball pack. I should've clarified that.
I had 2 different asking prices in my notes from the pack run last time- 120K and 200K. Don't know if the lower was a misunderstanding or partial lot, or if I had notes from something else on the same scrap of paper. Didn't bother asking this time, it was light years out of my range, and if you need to ask.....
The interesting thing about the Leaf pack is speculating what was in it. I'm assuming it came from Rosen's Florida find of sp leaf packs, and in his book he states that the one card he saw the least of was Paige. That would seem to indicate to me that there was a better than average chance this pack might contain one, if it was ever opened. The seller told me that this was the only unopened short print pack in existance. Tough to verify since GAI doesn't have their pop report up yet- although I've heard that could happen on Monday.
I crunched the numbers back and forth based on what I've paid for packs and other sales, and couldn't get it to come anywhere near 200K, even with 40K plugged in for this pack. But I never cease to be amazed at what Mastro, RE, et al get for some lots, and here is a chance to pick up one of the finest, if not the finest, pack collections out there. The condition, color, and centering on the 50's packs were far superior to anything I've seen.