View Single Post
Old 09-15-2004, 11:18 AM
Administrator

Default In general, how do transactions with Forum members go?

Posted By: Julie Vognar

I've been reading about the Chris and Lee problem, and started remembering. I've probably done 35-40 transactions with board (or Forum--which is it?) members. In general, they've been outstanding. In about three cases, I've had to say "that's too much money--sorry." One was just--to much money--period! I didn't have it. One was entirely my fault: seller had written several times offering me a "N173," and each time, I'd read "N172." (wishful thinking, maybe). So when it came time to set a price, I was shocked--until he pointed out that it wasn't very high--for a N173! I felt like a prize idiot. There was one time, very recently, when I said i thought the price was too high for the card--when I really probably meant I just didn't have the money, and should have investigated further than a price guide before saying the price was too high for the card.

I especially want to thank the 6 of you who bought ALL my Colgan's chips (except 3 I'm keeping)--Jay B, Tom Bobblitt, Rhett Y, Todd Schultz, Scott Brockelman, and an unnamed buyer at Mark Macrae's show, and one of the 6 who traded my a very nice N172 Griffith for some.

Special names: Ben Fisher, Jay Miller, Brian Hodes, Scott Forrest. I've left out almost everybody; those are just the first names that come to mind who are responsible for a HUGE chunk of my present collection. I KNOW I've left almost everyone out. There are also people who have sold me ONE THING, which I treasure, and have forgotten their names. Hope I don't forget Brian NcQueen, who sold me the e-107 Thomas, like I have forgotten you who sold me the GORGEOUS Kimball sleeve...people who have GIVEN me stuff as well as selling or trading me stuff: Brian Daniels, David Rudd--without you, I wouldn't be able to look at the rest of my collection properly.

I've also sold and traded a couple of other cards. I thought the transactions went well (except UPS really messed up on one! But not permanently.

Oh geez..Patrick--forgot. I was just reading this column; I never figured out why you got so insulted...anyway, glad you made a good trade with Bill...