View Single Post
Old 09-27-2004, 11:20 AM
Administrator

Default More fake T206's?? Wagner, Cobb with Cobb back

Posted By: JimB

I wrote the following e-mail to the seller of the Cobb/Cobb back and got the following response this morning.
JimB

Question about your item
james.blumenthal@orst.edu wrote:

Dear ractsrd,

The Cobb card is obviously a fake. It was never printed with that pose on the front. The ink on the back was green on authentic copies. Even your description is stolen from a Mastro catalog. Have a minimal amount of integrity and pull this auction.

Please respond to the question on eBay by clicking the button below. You'll have the option to display your response directly on the listing.

Who the **** are you to question my integrity???? The cards in the scans are the ACTUAL CARDS BEING OFFERED. If you live in the CT area, I will personally show them to you! The scans were taken prior to the auction! The president of PSA thinks that there exists the possibilty that these are real. His name is Joe Orlando if you want to check. Have a good night and find another house to haunt!!!

To which I replied:

I know they are the actually cards being offered. That is why I know they are fake (for the reasons stated). If PSA thinks they are real, you should get them authenticated since it will probably increase the sell price by about 100X. If you honestly do not know it is fake, you should not be selling vintage baseball cards. This one is so obvious, it is not even funny. If you do know and are doing so anyway, you should not be selling vintage baseball cards.
Jim