View Single Post
Old 09-28-2004, 11:15 AM
Administrator

Default How do you display your vintage cards?

Posted By: Gary B.

Having recently gotten back into vintage card collecting, I've been experimenting a bit in how to display my cards. At first I had cards in plastic sleeves that I would insert into the larger 9-card plastic sleeves that fit in a 3-ring binder. Then I came across someone who had all his cards in plastic sleeves that were then inserted into hard plastic holders and put in a nice box. I now have them this way, all in a cigar box, but my cigar box is starting to overflow. I have a fair amount of more modern cards that are still in notebooks, but these cards aren't valuable enough, nor do I care about them enough to display each one individually like I do with my pre-war cards.

What do Net54 people do? I've seen displays at art supply stores you can by to display your cards on little shelves inside a larger framed holder that you put on your wall. These look interesting, but I have very limited available wall space in my house that I could get away with using for baseball cards (the wife wouldn't like it much), and they don't seem very condusive for pulling out the card to look at the backs of them.

Maybe there's some cool way of displaying them that I haven't thought of. Right now I prefer to have them individually in hard plastic cases as opposed to notebook style, but I'm open to suggestions.

Also, if anyone has any scans of your display(s) you could post, that would be great...