View Single Post
Old 06-23-2007, 05:18 AM
Administrator

Default Real or re pro duction

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

There was a 'barn-find' of some of these posters here near Louisville about 20 years ago. Literally thousands of these 11x17 and 8x11 posters printed on what I would call heavy paper-slightly lighter than normal posterboard paper. I purchased about 2000 of them and re-sold them to a large auction house around 1995 or so. Not sure about the one you picture but if it's olebbstuff or something like that, I'd be very concerned as I think much of the crap he/she sells is fake or re-printed.

As for the ones I bought in 1995, I think they're real but not necessarily to the period that they represent (1940's-1960's). I've never seen a 'real' or color ad of the ones that I bought, so I have no reason to believe they are not real. I did not have any of the one that you have pictured, so I can't speak of the validity of it. The 8x11 ones were all Mantle gloves and Musial and I thought it odd when I purchased them that they'd be with bat ads as the bats were all H&B and the glove ads were mostly Rawlings.

None-the-less, Hunts and some of the other auction house, ocassionally Gaynor and some of the online folks, sell the ones similar to the ones I bought back then.