View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 03:32 PM
Administrator

Default The State of This Forum

Posted By: Alan Elefson

Hi-
I believe I have posted almost as much to this forum in the last six months then I did for nearly two years on the card board. I love this section! I believe the reason this board is not attracting the same type of attention the card ones do is because memorabilia is so varied. Major areas such as autographs, photos and equipment also allow for regional collecting as well, making the memorabilia segment far more diverse in terms of collecting interests than cards. This diversity is what works against a forum such as this. I believe over time the memorabilia side will grow (in terms of readers), but this will be a slow process. I like an idea that was posted on this site regarding beginning a new thread every few days covering a new area of memorabilia. However, I would not be able to contribute, as I am more of a flipper than collector, and the pieces I do collect are quite varied. This type of "new thread" might bring new readers to this forum.
I have posted some OT stuff on this forum without an issue, so I was wondering if folks might want to consider this to be all sports vvintage memorabilia? It might attract new readers, but it could also serve to dillute the waters too much in terms of serving too many collecting areas. I would love to hear other opinions on this matter.
Lastly, I wanted to take this opportunity to thank every one who has responded to my posts on this forum! I am costantly amazed by the knowledge and forthcomingness of denizens of this board. Your knowledge is more valuable than I think we realize on a daily basis.
Alan Elefson