View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 03:10 PM
Administrator

Default Help identify player in very old photo - Mathewson?

Posted By: J Paul

I have a trunk with some very old stuff I swore I'd never sell unless I had to...well as some of you know from other posts I've been in a bit of a financial bind for a few years and I'm in the process of taking a good inventory and seeing exactly what I have. This trunk has been kept in the deep dark recesses of my closet lots of stuff piled on top so I am not tempted to get into it very often. A lot of stuff is very old so best left in the dark anyway.

When Lefty O'Doul died his estate was largely sold off and lots of stuff ended up in collector hands. I was lucky enough to grab some incredible stuff, some of which is gone but a lot of which I still have. I came across this photo which was in the stuff I bought...I believe it's Mathewson but not 100% sure. Anyone have some cards or photos of Matty?

The weird thing is it looks like a left handed batter in follow though and baseball-referencel.com says Matty batted right. I don't think it's O'Doul.

The picture is slashed in half but if it is Matty it would probably be worth matting and framing.