View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 05:55 PM
Administrator

Default two interesting statistics

Posted By: Chris

I have just today experienced a new wrinkle with Ebay shipping policies.

As an Canadian-based seller, selling mostly baseball related items, I find that over 85% of my customers live in the US. I ship strictly Canada Post airmail. Due to border delays etc., I find that this service is the only acceptable service with regards to delivery turnaround to my customers. Ground is just not an option as it may be in a US to US transaction. I typically sell jerseys (similar size and weight pacakges ech time) and they typcially ship for $14-16 US dollars, yet I ask buyers for only $12.

I take a hit on postage to keep my buyers happy, yet I recently rec'd a notice from Ebay stating that my postal rates were considered higher than the norm for similar items. I assume that this is compared to a US seller, selling a jersey and being able to ship state to state for much less than I can?

I also assume that as I am on the "hit list", I must drop my postage rates further and lose even more in the transaction to keep selling to US customers? Unfair. And to think I commented just 2 weeks ago that I liked the idea of Ebay only allowing payment via Paypal. chris