View Single Post
Old 11-24-2004, 06:38 AM
Administrator

Default Breaking up a set- Western Playground

Posted By: leon

Hey Folks,
Sort of segwaying from the CJ set thread (and what a set!!) I thought I would pose a question a little closer to home, at least for me. First of all let me say that I think the CJ set was sold for many reasons the way it was. Certainly the risk/reward of other venues was taken into account as well as the possibilities of breaking it up. I am sure Mastro did the right thing given all of the info they had. The seller assumed no downward risk at that selling level and was happy with the price. Period. If Mastro, or the seller, thought they could have truly made 1M more selling it another way they would have done it. Back to topic. On a far, far less scale I have thought about selling the Western Playground set and "how" I should sell it. Should I try for a private sale, break it up, keep it together or auction house it? Most likely I will put it on my little website intact and for sale because there is truly no risk for me there....but it will be a steep price and realistically probably won't sell from there. So those are the questions....( I will say I would hate to see it broken up as it is unique in it's entirety).....regards