View Single Post
Old 11-23-2004, 09:11 AM
Administrator

Default OT question about paypal and fees

Posted By: Julie Vognar

to a bank transfer--which I use all the time--is that buyer gets the money instantly. It takes payapl longer to get the money out of your account. Of course this costs you nothing, but buyer will be a few dollars short, because of paypal's grasping fingers.

An "e-check," on the other hand, which paypal used getting money from my account once, COSTS SELLER NOTHING! I guess you can ask for payapl to use an "e-check"--which takes 4-5 days, but after that one wonderful experience of having seller receive what I sent--I never used it again! Nobody wants to wait for his money! They'd rather be a few dollars short.

I didn't ask paypal to use an e-check; they used it out of cautition because they had tried--their idea, again, not mine, though they NEVER ADMIT DOING ANYTHING WRONG--to use a credit card of mine to pay a customer, and I had just cancelled the credit card because it had gotten lost. They were just making sure that in addition to having no credit card registered with them that worked, I hadn't also cleaned out my bank account--the e-check is what they use when they'd rather not front seller the money.

My only contributions...as far as I know, setting up auctions and getting paid for goods always costs seller some dough. Otherwise.

A few weeks ago, they had an "amnesty day" (I call it that). They wrote that because of some minor inconmcvenience I may or may not have suffered, everything would be free for a 12-hour period. Low and behold, I was JUST paying Brain McQueen (for the second time; he'd already sent my money back because he figured the book was never going to arrive, but it did), and at 12:01 A.M. I sent 35.00 to Holland, and he received--exactly that!