Thread: Opinions Please
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2004, 06:38 AM
Administrator

Default Opinions Please

Posted By: runscott

The seller seemed to go beyond what was necessary. The most obvious part of this that is being overlooked, is that the seller noted that they were short, but Lee could not tell they were trimmed and sent them to SGC anyway. So if Lee wasn't sure, then why is he holding the seller accountable for judgement that he himself couldn't make, especially when the seller appears to have a more accurate ruler than Lee and spelled out the results in his listing?

Lee, put away your ruler and use your experience - if you receive cards that appear "altered", simply tell the seller BEFORE you send them in for grading, and ask for a refund. The value of the cards would have gone up substantially if they had been slabbed, as you are well aware. You elected to take that chance, so you absorb some cost for the risk you took - the rest of us do it all the time.

And it's impossible to get into the seller's head to determine if he "thought" the cards were trimmed - if that were the case, he certainly should have pointed it out. But since Lee also wasn't sure, I don't think we should assume any different for the seller.

...I have to go - they are letting me walk around the prison yards for 30 minutes. Yesterday I got a t206 Cravath for only 3 bundles