Thread: Opinions Please
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2004, 09:30 AM
Administrator

Default Opinions Please

Posted By: Lee Behrens

I did not want to chime in any more, but some of the responses came up with there own concusions without reading throughly. Scott's last response seemed to understand the facts the best.

Here is what happened that I am trying to get compensation for. I bid on the cards as EX/Mt, missing the fact they were listed as short. I received the cards and thought maybe they were trimmed, not knowing the they were asvertised short. I sent them in to SGC because they measure extremely close if not on to specs as either getting the cards slabbed or having confirmation that they were trimmed.

As stated clearly in my other 2 posts, I am not asking for $45 to compensate for the grading cost, but to bring the cost down to a what I feel is a fair level ($20 a card ) for a trimmed T206 common.

The biggest thing I was trying to get out of the thread was the fact that the title read EX/Mt but the description says it was not warrant any compensation on my end. I take full blame for the fact that I missed the fact they were short in the description.

I appreciate the help but alot of the response actually didn't answer the question and jumped to conclusions (especially about me wanting the compensation for sending the cards into get graded, The seller has actually told me that other cards from this lot were graded by PSA, but that's another story).

I appreciated the fact that the seller offered a full refund, but it makes no sense to me to send them back now having the postage and grading cost into the cards and have nothing to show it. At least this way I still have the cards.

By the way the seller although not thrilled has been very open in this whole matter. I wanted to use this thread to decide whether the $45 compensation was warranted.

Thanks for all the responses more are welcome good or bad

Lee