View Single Post
Old 12-08-2004, 11:17 AM
Administrator

Default WHAT IS THE KEELER ROOKIE

Posted By: warshawlaw

I cannot believe that Mastro did that much work on the card. Wow. I would like to see any sale of a card with that much work on it carry a before and after image and have a statement from the restorer explaining what had been done. And I'd like a solid gold toilet seat too, but that's not in the works (quote stolen from Austin Powers). I don't think selling it any other way is fair to the customer, but call me crazy. Or just a damn lawyer who likes to see the laws of his state followed by an auctioneer who sends catalogues and sells cards to California residents...

PSA already grades cards that have had writing removed. I know because I just recently bought one, and I am none to happy with it. I bought an E90-1 Crawford graded PSA 3 (MK). The MK looked to be a small pen mark at the top, which was no big deal to me. When I looked at the card closely, however, I found a lot more writing that had been erased. I've also had cards with writing on them slabbed by SGC and GAI. So, we are to some extent debating a done deal, as the major slabbers all already slab cards with writing on them.