View Single Post
Old 12-17-2004, 12:03 PM
Administrator

Default OT - Shipping Fee Hike

Posted By: Chris

No lose situation if you consider losing your integrity no big deal. Howie's "GREAT" advice is exactly why the seller is trying to protect both parties. It's because of people who do things like accept responsibilty for uninsured mail but still expect the seller to cover it if it gets lost that sellers require insurance. Granted the seller was wrong for not stating he requires inusrance but for a buyer to tell a seller to ship uninsured at the buyers risk and then try to get your money back from Paypal if it IS lost shows no integrity at all. I agree the seller should have mentioned insurance in his description but I don't think the guy is trying to make $ on it. He is just trying to protect both parties. IMO the seller is risking alot more here. Almost $200 if it is not insured. The buyer is just paying $10 extra more than he thought. Although I would personally not be happy about paying an extra $10 I could surely see where the seller is coming from. I would personally pay the extra $10, keep my integrity, and consider it a lesson on international shipping.