View Single Post
Old 01-03-2005, 09:42 PM
Administrator

Default Who collects what?

Posted By: Dan B

I mainly collect vintage photos of baseball players and parks. I am mostly interested in original photos and tend to stay away from newservice or professional photos. I like the one of a kind stuff. I also collect Lincoln (Nebraska) minor league stuff from 1900-1961. I have about 70 tobacco cards (mostly t206 and a few N172) but it has been a while since I added to that collection.

A few of my pride and joys would be:
-N172 Brouthers given to me by my dad about 18 years ago. This card began my love for nineteenth century baseball. My dad advised me that spending all of my money on 1986 Donruss and Fleer and hoarding the Jose Canseco rookie cards was going to bite me in the end. Although I was able to parlay 20 McGwire Olympic rookies into a 1957 Topps Frank Robinson, 1954 Topps Ernie Banks, and 1954 Topps Al Kaline.

-1910 photo of Eddie Collins sitting on the dugout steps before a game. According to the former owner it was taken prior to a World Series game.

-1906 or 07 photo of Sam Thompson on the field at Bennet park. This came from the Matty McIntyre album.

-1929 Philadelphia A's panoramic photo still in its original frame.

Dan