View Single Post
Old 01-03-2005, 10:36 PM
Administrator

Default Who collects what?

Posted By: jay behrens

I should have mentioned that I was heavily involved in the hobby in the 1980s and had a pretty decent collection pre-WW1 cards and other assorted memorabilia that I sold off in 1991. I got back into the hobby in 2001 when my brother sucked me back in my picking my brain for info when he started getting serious about collecting t202s and t206s.

I have built complete sets of t201, t205, n162, n28 & n29 (all 50 cards, not just the baseball players for the N sets). I also had a good chunk of the t206 set other assorted type cards, including all the key cards from t208 Fireside set. These are the only cards I really regret selling.

The one thing I had always thought about doing back then, was getting one card of EVERY major leaguer to appear on a card after 1900. Now that I am on a very limited budget, I have set a bit more realistic, yet still insane year range of 1908-45 just to eliminate the e107 and allegany cards. I currently have 314 cards, but it includes one card I thought I'd never own and never did in the 80s, even though it was always at the top of my want list, an m101-5 Thorpe card thanks to very kind lurker that offered me one at a price I could afford.

Jay

Wow upside down is Mom. Mom upside down is what dad wants to see.