View Single Post
Old 01-07-2005, 01:40 PM
Administrator

Default Wow! (Mientkiewicz refuses to share)

Posted By: bob

A slow news day in Boston, this has been a big story. Doug called into a local talk show (quote below). His wife also posted similar comments on redsox.com.

The Shaughnessy he mentions is Dan Shaughnessy a sportwritter for the Boston Globe who writes with a poison pen.

The whole thing about me wanting to sell it, I was saying it laughing. The other guy (Shaughnessy), he was laughing. I thought it was going to be a light-hearted article, I was just joking around with him and kidding about it and the whole thing about I can be bought, it was all in jest, it was one of those things. I’ve tried to keep my mouth shut all winter, but when someone backs me into a corner that way, I’m going to come out fighting. If someone portrays me as as someone I’m not, I’m going to have a problem with that. Red Sox fans have not had a chance to know me, to know my personality. The last thing I am is money crazy but I’m also not going to give the thing away either. Not in the near future (does he have plans to sell the baseball)… I would like to keep it. I’ll be more than happy to loan it out, that’s part of baseball history. That’s why I had it authenticated…” -- Doug Mientkiewicz with WEEI's Dale and Neumy