View Single Post
Old 01-14-2005, 11:36 AM
Administrator

Default eBay raises seller's fees again - Happy New Year!

Posted By: Mark

I stumbled across this forum today while checking out the '33 Gehrig getting all the hype on ebay. I have to say, I'm quite impressed with the knowledge of the people involved on here. I consider myself a decent vintage collector, but I can never learn enough about the authenticity/history of vintage cards. I learned two things I didn't know about Goudey cards by spending five minutes in this great forum .... and you guys REALLY made my day when I took the time to read the post on eBay fee increases....

I was so angry when I read the email notification from ebay that I neglected to notice that this ONLY applied to the store items. I'm assuming, of course, if a standard 7-day auction item appears in the store, this item isn't subject to the 8% fee, correct?

I had already figured my increased-auction costs for 2005 based on the new fees .... but without it applying to standard auctions, I feel like you guys just gave me a much better (and profitable) day than the day I get my tax refunds back!! Looking forward to being a contributor.

Thanks,
Mark