View Single Post
Old 01-16-2005, 01:49 PM
Administrator

Default "Old Cardboard" #2 has begun to arrive!

Posted By: Chris S.

Quote:
----------
While I understand it is a legitimate topic, I am really sick of all the "ra, ra, go militarism" sentiment in our country in the past few years and would like to think I could escape those politics a bit in this hobby, as subtle as they may be.
-----------

I don't remember any political bias in that article. In fact, I specifically avoided the topic when I wrote it. I was under the impression that our hobby is a fine woven fabric of all political bents...much like our country itself. The article was meant to pay tribute to players who served.

Julie, as for the fact that ther article stopped with WW1, I did that for two reasons. First, the article I submitted ended up being 8 pages long. Had I continued through WW2, it would have been either too long or would have forced Lyman to edit much of it. Secondly, the "continuation" into the WW2 years is still in the works and may be in a later edition if Lyman wants it.

My final point...if anybody here thinks the article selection is poor, feel free to send in something you'd like to see. Lyman is more than happy to get content and I'm betting that he'll love to consider it. Keep in mind, the magazine is still in its youth and its "staff" is still learning the ropes of the business. Though I've been happy with OC so far, I think that it can definitely improve.

And I say that as a good thing.