View Single Post
Old 01-15-2005, 10:51 AM
Administrator

Default PSA Autograph Authentication Problems

Posted By: PASJD

This information reflects the tip of a very large iceberg, but nostalgia and/or the collecting impulse and/or the naivite of the general populace are so powerful that scandals will not make a dent in either the integrity of sellers or the spending of buyers. The WIWAG mess, the rumors about the T206 Wagner, and other things too numerous to mention have not hurt PSA a bit judging from its stock price and from ebay. I seriously doubt the issues raised on this board about the Keeler cabinet and its undisclosed "cleaning" and/or "stabilization" by an undislosed outside "conservator" will make one iota of impact on either Mastro's disclosure policies or people's unquenchable lust to buy items from Mastro. As much as I applaud efforts by Richard and Robert and others I may not know about, I just don't see the autograph/game-used bat/game-used jersey etc. market drying up. The criminals, if they are criminals, will weather any minor storms because the demand is so insatiable and people want to believe items are as they are represented to be. I hope I am wrong, but I think plus ca change, plus ca meme chose.