View Single Post
Old 01-23-2005, 07:17 PM
Administrator

Default Old shows crazy things

Posted By: john/z28jd

Jamie
Unlike Brian I have no good excuse except that friends dared me to do it and i was in my early 20s at the time.The sad part was at the time i really wanted his autograph and waited in line for it for about 20 minutes,with the last 2 minutes approx. being my friends talking me into doing what i did.I think wrestling is a little different than baseball tho in that 'bad guys' are used to being heckled,while in other sports a guy has to do something to become hated,wrestlers dont.I was the only one i saw there with enough stupidity to say something to him tho

I learned a valuable lesson that day tho,dont tempt fate twice.Usually when i see a famous baseball player at a show,im more awe struck than outgoing towards them.The few autographs ive gotten in person i didnt say much more than hi and thank you,if that much.My cousins husband played 6 years in the minors and sometimes during family dinners ill sit there and say to myself of course,wow he was 1 level away from making it to the majors

I can share a story of what someone else did at a show that fits this mold.Shawn Abner who was a first pick in the ML draft one year was doing a show around 1992 and a guy came up to him with a big binder book full of just Abner cards,the guy flipped thru the pages showing him all the cards,then picked up the book and said thanks for nothing,and walked away. Now that was rude,blaming a guy who im sure gave it his all on the field,because he didnt become a superstar and make your rich off his cards.

Thanks to Elliot for finding my mistakes in this post so i can correct them and look like im [to quote Homer Simpson] S-M-R-T ,i mean S-M-A-R-T