View Single Post
Old 01-24-2005, 02:03 PM
Administrator

Default Old shows crazy things

Posted By: Brian Weisner

Jamie,
If you read my original post, I admitted It was rude gesture to ask Rose to sign his #. So I don't know what your talking about me, "being man enough to admit I was wrong." Secondly I have been around hundreds of athletes over the years and formed my own opinions over several meeting or encounters with each,not a single episode. Believe me I have more positve stories than you can ever imagine, and will be happy to share a few in the future.
Your assumption that I created poor treatment from the athletes with my behavior is absurd, since Rose is the only one it ever happened too, and he had treated me poorly on other occasions.
I'm glad to hear others have had better experiences with Mays, as I have seen him treat kids like crap in the past. Everybody should understand that athletes have good days and bad days, but some tend to have a lot more bad days than good, and Rose falls into the category for me.
I also feel as though the person purchasing the autograph is the "guest"
or the customer, and the athlete is an employee of the host, so he should be the one on his best behavior.
Personally Jamie, If you choose to assume that I am a rude person you wouldn't want in your house, that's fine, but anyone who knows me would laugh harder than Denny McClain. Hopefully you will hang around the board and get to know people before jumping to conclusions about them.

Be well Brian