View Single Post
Old 01-31-2005, 10:10 AM
Administrator

Default I Joined SABR Today!

Posted By: Gilbert Maines

Austin is one of the most attractive areas I have ever visited, lucky you. I too will bite the bullet and sign up soon, but I have lots of hesitancy.

This hesitency is because I fear that when you allow someone else to do your research you may lose out on many of the side paths which are encountered in a research effort. I have frequently found these side paths more rewarding that the initially envisioned objective.

Admittedly though, I am not even certain that this concern is applicable. Well then there is the wonder whether the publications and other services are really worth the fee. It is obvious that those members who responded in the other SABR thread were totally enthusiastic about the research group, but it is also apparent that a small percentage of the board indicated being members.

Fortunately for me to find out for myself if that group is right for me will not involve a second mortgage on the house. And if they actually publish anything at all it is sure to be more worthwhile that the VCBC subscription which I started in June '04 (and haven't seen even one issue yet).

Good luck.