View Single Post
Old 02-10-2005, 01:22 AM
Administrator

Default Does cleaning a card matter?

Posted By: jay behrens

Is the cleaning that was done to the Keeler something you want to be made aware of even if it doesn't alter the card in any way other than making it look better?

As an example, how would you answer the following question? I originally posed a similar question without the centering being involved because I wanted all things about the cards being equal except the cleaning up of the card and was told I should have posed the question this way.

you are offered two VG/EX 33 Goudey Babe Ruth cards. One is 70/30 centering with honest wear on the corners with decent eye appeal. The other is 50/50 centering, honest wear on the corners with killer eye appeal and you know the original owners initials were written lighly on the back. The writting was easily removed and was not longer detected. The surface is as original as the day it was printed. Which card would you rather have?

Jay

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --- WOW, What a ride!