View Single Post
Old 02-10-2005, 01:33 PM
Administrator

Default Caramel Card set collecting

Posted By: robert a.

Hey brian and jim.

Overall, I think e95 is the easiest of the sets you mentioned to put together...meaning that all the players are accessible (and accessible is nicer conditions). The only obstacles are finding the high profile hofers at reasonable prices. E95 "freaks" might tell you that certain examples are tougher than others, but I don't think I've found any that stand out as really tough.

E96 is reasonable in my opinion too, especially since it doesn't contain some of the more expensive hofers. I have not seen any in this set either that are extremely hard to find, but I have not tried to complete this set as of yet.

E98 seems to be available a tad less to a lot less than e96 and e95 depending on the player. In my experience, all of the colors have relatively the same availability. I think there are some slightly tougher players to find though including coombs and dahlen. I have also found mathewson and wagner to be slightly uncommon, but this might be simply cuz' they're matty and wagner. I would enjoy hearing other e98 collectors' thoughts on tough players or color examples they have found to be tough for certain players.

I would have to agree with Brian on the e90-3s. There is definitely a "stall" point where one must test his patience. I've been looking for a gandil for six years. Who knows, maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but don't see that many offered on public auctions. Hahn is definitely tough.

E103s, even though well thought of, I believe are still undervalued and would be tough to complete the set. The hofers in this set are held on to and don't seem to show their faces that often...especially in nice condition.

looking forward to other comments.
robert a.