View Single Post
Old 02-14-2005, 03:33 PM
Administrator

Default The Ruth Autographs Keep Coming..

Posted By: Dan

I'm just curious about something. I have been reading the board for about a year (and love it) and I believe the board is called 'Vintage Baseball Collecting' and I always had the understanding that this board was dedicated to discussing 'Baseball Collectibles' and autographs are collectibles. If I'm wrong, let me know. I am an autograph collector/seller and a baseball card collector/seller and when I check the board every day, I pass by the threads that don't interest me and I read the ones that do interest me. Why are we suddenly in offense to certain topics? I see threads about who should be in the Hall Of Fame, Jose Canseco, a guy did trivia a few weeks ago (rather badly) and this thread is mostly made up of silly sentences about the weather in San Francisco. What is acceptable to everyone if one guy doesn't like this being said on the board and therefore wants to banish something because it doesn't appeal to them. I mean the Autograph business has been under fire of late and it's mostly negative, but Vintage Sports cards and it's dark side is by far a bigger topic.
Am I wrong here? Just curious. Thank You