View Single Post
Old 06-13-2004, 10:59 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Orange Background Portraits

Posted By: Innocent bystander

Let me see - print errors or deviations are now variations that people would like to see given a premium on price. Very interesting. Lets apply this to a few different card issues -

Would that mean that a pink Old Judge of the same player and pose is worth more than a more sepia toned card?

An orange T206 is worth more than a red T206 of the same player and pose?

What about the Red/Pink E90-1 cards of Keeler?

I can understand differences in cards such as the Washington or Chicago T206 card of Brown (Browne) because there is a distinct difference.

I suppose you could make a case for the ghost image T206 cards because it wasn't every day that someone got careless in the print process and the lack of quality control let these cards out the door. I suppose you could make the arguement that these are rare because there aren't many out there, but then where do you draw the line?

Are there going to be debates over the definition of the color orange because one is a brighter orange than another? Or will people say it's closer to red than orange and now the card is worth less than the red because it's not a true brilliant red and it's really not orange.