View Single Post
Old 02-24-2005, 11:52 AM
Administrator

Default note to the forum

Posted By: mcavoy

Since I do not know any of the Board, I am a lurker, and I post occasionally, I suppose I could email Ben, but then Ben does not know me.

I imagine, at this point, Ben has lots of future help; however, additional information would be nice to have for those of us interested and not in the inner circles of Ben's friends. For instance, if Ben wants recovery, I believe the following information would be useful for those of us not desiring direct contact with Ben and interested in assisting Ben, such as:

1. A correct and complete list of missing items would be nice, with the specific scan and/or description. Maybe this is already available. Where? Post a specific new link, or an updated link within the posts. The posts sugggest the initial list Ben posted is incomplete.

2. The case officer, contact information, and case number. IMO, if one sees the card for sale, trying to buy it, well, maybe the proper authorities should be involved, first. But, hey, I'm no lawyer, and this Board has lots of those. Me, I'd probably contact Ben or Bill via email, but it'd be nice to know the official info, too.

Anyone who has been in the apt is a reasonable suspect. 3 or 4 male friends are not the only possibilities. Any(one) or any woman who has been in the apartment, and either saw Ben with cards, or was left alone and had time to look around, could have discovered the storage location. Some service persons look around if opportunity knocks and they are predisposed. Significant others can be curious, and look around when the other is out or in the bath, or etc. Lots of educated people either have hobbies or are aware of collectibles hobbies; sports collectibles are known to varying degrees to the general population. My bro's best first pawned my bro's guitars because the guy had rent and bills to pay. No, they aren't best friends anymore. Some of the guitars had some value but were pawned for small $$$. Otherwise good persons, or extrememly jealous individuals, can do things when either pressed or opportunities are present.