View Single Post
Old 03-05-2005, 05:44 PM
Administrator

Default 1910-1911 Cards Found In Michigan - Auction This Weekend

Posted By: Dan Koteles

well it wasnt what it was cracked up to be !

Though I went there with an opened mind , I ended up not letting my knowledge spoil it for someone else. The list stated that most of the cards would grade PSA 5-7 with some 8's and some 4's. Well...nothing close to an 8 let alone a 6.

If anyone on this board would have consigned, you would have made a fortune. Most of the lots were commons at the average of vg -vgx and were getting 45-70 each, couldn't believe it.

I ended up congratulating the couple for there find and it would have been nice for anyone of us as well. The 2 Cobbs (both Bat off) went for 1150.00 each as the buyer took both in one lot for his max price. The first was a nice vgx and the 2nd vg.

I did spend 2400 and bought the box that the cards were found in for 75.00. Some of the proceeds were going to St. Judes hospital which I found really nice.

I got 4 Joss- 2 vgx and 2 ex for 540.00 a Cy Young glove 475.00 in a strong vgx.
Bought some commons ...some classier ones , like the Camnitz and Abbatichio w/ ther striped shirts, I like those and the nicest card a exmt Willis throw for 100. The best deal a Kleinow catch really really cheap in EX.

I did find an ebayer there, Mark Iredonko, though I didnt find him too personable. He acted quite snooty, not even distinguishable and in a Mickey Mouse club jacket to boot !....oh well, there is no law that someone has to be kind, is there ?...and no one owes me any favors .

I will still try to meet as many of you's old and new and continue to enjoy this hobby. There is a bunch of great people here and I hope that the family type ambience continues to grow .

I had alot of fun and thought I would share with you all.

Good Evening
-Dan