Thread: Board Direction
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2005, 07:46 AM
Administrator

Default Board Direction

Posted By: leon

Hey Folks,
It's only been a few days of moderating and it seems like a few years. I really didn't fully understand the issues that are here. A few of my pet peeves are infighting and people not taking accountability for their actions. To that end I will NOT tolerate instigating fights or personal attacks. If you want to criticize someone, including myself, do so in an adult manner and it will stay up and unlocked. Don't do it in adult manner and you might be stuck with what you said, without the edit function. I am also seriously entertaining doing away with the other board. I have spoken to several folks who's opinions I respect. (and some I barely do ) and have some further thoughts. I want feedback on the following scenario. Have this 1 board, and it's front page segmented (maybe referred to as hyperthreading). The potential segments could be:

a. Pre-WWII Baseball cards
b. Post-WWII Baseball cards - 1980's
c. Memorabelia
d. Photography
e. everything else

Each segment could have it's own B/S/T thread.
I know I said I would not try to change too much too fast but if we can make it better, and the collective group agrees, why not? Your thoughts please....and sorry for the issues....One other thing. There was some very advanced programming in the old B/S/T thread that can not be duplicated by myself or Brian McQueen so regardless of anything else some changes can not be avoided.......regards all.......your collecting buddy...