Thread: Board Direction
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2005, 09:21 AM
Administrator

Default Board Direction

Posted By: Cap

I cringe to think of 1980 as 'vintage'. I think the most interesting part of the forum is the chatter among collectibles that pretty much all pre-date us. There are finds lurking in every corner and that's what collecting (and making a profit) is all about. It's about going into a Vermont Antique store, asking if they have any baseball cards and the little old lady handing over a pile of gradable Mayo Plug's and telling the women that they really aren't worth much and 'you'll take them off their hands for a c-note'.

How much could we really talk about when it comes to the 1960's to the 1980's outside of how we felt that day we got that Dave Conception rookie? Ick! It was raining. The smell of cinnamon was in the air. There was Dave on the front of the cello.

Those cards I feel are so ordinary and so lack the mystery of pre-war cards. This will open up a thread that will begin: 'What is your favorite card of the 1970's?' and I'll have to 'Donnie Moore myself' (even though his 1978 rookie card with the script and the colorful pose supsended in animation is like art).

Basically reading all these 'opinions' on how the board should be butchered or left alone, I'm pleased with the way it is now to be honest with you as I actually prefer the Vintage Card Forum because it's...more calm and sticks to the subject at hand. The in-fighting and name calling has to stop here though.

The one thing that this Board has to do is stick to the big three: VINTAGE (I would prefer pre-war), COLLECTING and BASEBALL. If it doesn't touch these three things, it simply doesn't belong and should be deleted. As one person noted on this thread, you should delete the jerks and I have seen a few Leon deletes and I commend you!

If you hyper-thread, that's fine with me as well. This site is great and I look forward to the future (I'm not going to talk about the past, I'm hear to talk about the future).

Cap

Well, I quit my job so I could work alone, Then I changed my name to Sherlock Holmes- Bob Dylan.