View Single Post
Old 03-20-2005, 03:49 PM
Administrator

Default New (old) Board Direction- IMPORTANT

Posted By: Bottom of the Ninth

I can appreciate what Leon is trying to accomplish. Trying to make everyone happy is not possible and even a compromise is going to alienate some. I collect pre war through the 50’s. I would love it if topics could cover that span of time. Thankfully I have a little knowledge in the pre-war issues so that I can participate though I find myself learning far more than teaching or contributing.

I have little to no interest in memorabilia or non-baseball card topics. I would hope that these topics would disappear faster than topics on post war cards. But I am honestly having trouble deciphering the board rules, which seem to be neither totally specific nor definite. Which means they are open to much interpretation by the posters, assuming they have read these rules, and therefore is going to require a great deal of time for the moderators to keep the board focused.

I feel that the reporting of potential ebay scams of all kinds not limited to counterfeits/reprints, hijacked accounts, altered cards, bogus second chance offers, should be reported here every time they are noticed. However the person making the post, baring undisputable evidence, is only providing an opinion, so as to not accuse someone of a crime who might be innocent. Instead of starting new threads each time, it would be great to have a thread that stays at the top of the forum where all of the scams can be listed in one neat place in a chronological order.