View Single Post
Old 03-20-2005, 05:34 PM
Administrator

Default New (old) Board Direction- IMPORTANT

Posted By: Dan Koteles

well Iam not sure who we are all trying to please here ,surely there has to be a happy medium somewhere. I for one could care less about a Mickey Mantle RC or any other 50's -60's cards as far as discussing.

I have 2 Kalines a 55 and 56 in 8's and a couple of Willie Horton rc's and some unopened packs of 68-74 , glossy football and hoards of 3d's... things of when I started collecting, so what! These give me my origins of collecting and bring back some extra memories of my parents being around and all those times that they took me to the stores. While these stories are neat, the appropriate time of mentioning is when the post of how you got started. Though I havent yet participated in those in the past , I do like the "aw shucks "type stories, when related.

Though I started the anybody get anything posts, a couple of people used that post afterward and by the way gotten better replies then I did ,(guess my name hasnt surfaced enough yet)I think it would be fun to have different hobbyist take turns staring this thread on a weekly basis.

One of the reason I started it was to help broaden the talk of why we come here... PRE WAR BASEBALL CARDS . I'd be lying if I too wasn't trying to be nosy of your new finds, it also helps me find cards that I may need for my collection and could create some interesting trades and THIS HAS HAPPENED !!!.

Though I too like the occasional Plancich-Bushing type stories, I come here to talk about PRE WAR BASEBALL CARDS and participate then only.

Good Evening
-Dan