View Single Post
Old 04-03-2005, 01:55 PM
Administrator

Default SGC Grading Game

Posted By: Todd Schultz

before you submitted them, Rhett. As I see it, the problem when people offer their opinions on what might have been missed is that it can can come off as patronizing or condescending when it wasn't meant that way. Obviously since I thought the Odwell looked like a 92 I would have to think that there is some minor defect not visible from the scan that would knock it down technically to a 50, since the centering and lack of rim/edge wear make it look nice. All I see is a small dot on his cheek (heck, maybe it's even a mole) and a little mark above the C in Columbus.

With these I consider edge wear and front centering to be crucial, with everything else a distant second. I'm sorry, but for those reasons,I would not give the Evans more than a 70. I do believe the Colgan's you scanned appear inconsistently graded, and maybe I'll withhold senidng mine in, at least until I get a better feel for what the are seeing (and not seeing). Here are two that I won--the Zimmerman I bought on e-bay, and the Hooper is on its way back from SGC in the next couple days in an 88 holder.