View Single Post
Old 04-09-2005, 07:02 PM
Administrator

Default Auction dollars spent vis a vis ebay dollars spent

Posted By: jay behrens

It will burst. If I could predict when, I'd be a very rich man. In the late 80s everyone was going to retire and send their kids to college with their baseball collections. Then the whole thing blew up and it's just now gotten back to where it was around 1990 or '91. Now is definately not the time to be buying if you are an investor. This is very much a sellers market. When the bubble bursts, 90% or more of the new money will leave because it's no longer a good investment and they will move on to the next flavor of the month. Those of us around for the long haul won't be hurt by the cycles.

Selling off rarities at any time is not a good idea if you are in the hobby for the long term. They very tough, if not almost impossible, to reaplce. Selling off easy (a realative term) items isn't a bad idea. Especially if you are using the money to buy rarer cards because you can easily replace them at a cheaper price when the bubble finally does burst.

Jay

I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.