View Single Post
Old 04-13-2005, 04:25 PM
Administrator

Default Better Buy? (opinions please)

Posted By: vetekbob

Without a doubt Honus Wagner. Honus was one of the greatest players of all times and there is something he brought with him to the game that Sammy Sosa didnt and that is integrity. I am speaking from my own personal true collector point of view mind you. What McGuire and Sammy and many others did and have done to the game has brought shame to the greatest past time we have ever known and to me Sammy will never ever be in the game league much less the same playing field as Honus. If you have children or what have you and they ask you about the wonderful game of baseball and the players of today and more importantly the players of the past that helped to make the game what it should have been and still needs to be today, can you look those kids square in the face without any regret and tell them that Sammy was just as great for the game as was Honus? I can only speak for myself but if my heart is not in collecting whether it be baseball cards or what have you then what am I really doing with my time and my hard earned money.