View Single Post
Old 04-15-2005, 10:28 PM
Administrator

Default 1952T Mantle on Ebay being touted as original

Posted By: vetekbob

The seller states that the high bidder can only return the card if it wont get graded by PSA or whomever but he didnt state what constitutes grading. For all the high bidder knows, they mean graded as in a psa 4, 5 or what have you when in the sellers obtuse wording and mind they may mean presenting it to the grading company is in fact grading of the card and if it does come back as trimmed as I think it will, the buyer has no recourse that I can see given the wording or the lack there of in the auction listing.
If you check the bidding action out on the card as what brought up, it doesnt make sense either. The person kept bidding repeatedly over and over and for what reason? Checking out the past bidding history on the high bidder, they have been bidding on and have won low dollar auctions. In looking at the history they are aware of how the bidding works in an auction and yet they kept driving the price up on this particular auction when they made sure not to do so in any of the other auctions including their very first one. This reeks to me as someone that knows the seller in some way and is helping to drive the price up or at least show that there is good interest. To me that is another form of shill bidding.