View Single Post
Old 05-04-2005, 11:25 PM
Administrator

Default Have I been shilled?

Posted By: Bob

Last week I bid on a live auction on ebay. There were 5 M116 Sporting Life cards and I bid on the one I needed. I won it for my maximum bid of $70.00 (plus $12.00 vigorish and $8.00 s&h). The card is one of the truly tough commons and I have never seen it offered before anywhere (Rowan). Well, a live bidder kept running me up to my max. I was ok with winning it at my max as I figured it was one of those things. Then I noticed that a live bidder had won the other 4 M116s. Ok, I thought, no problem, I have seen live bidders prevail all the time, in fact in this auction I only remember 2 lots (mine and another guy's) that went to an internet bidder over a live bidder.
Well, today I see the same seller offering those 4 M116s which were supposedly hammered down to a live bidder. This makes me very suspicious. All 4? My shill detector started vibrating. Has anyone else bid in this guy's live auctions before and had similar things happen?
http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6530158251&category=28270
This is one of the 4 cards which "sold" last week but he has reoffered. I wonder...