View Single Post
Old 05-03-2005, 02:29 PM
Administrator

Default THE BIG BUYERS IN OUR HOBBY

Posted By: Anonymous

That was a very funny joke Jay. But you are ripping on a uncut sheet of S81 silks. So if a sheet of 1890 N172 cards came up for auction in this current market you would have no problem seeing a crazy number for that?, because that is what you collect. Granted the S81's are not as tough as a lot of N172's but most of the commons are still very tough, let alone an uncut sheet. I'm sure the silk went to a very dedicated silk collector. I think the price was fair market. Well that was an obvious statement because the current market paid that price. What do people think this stuff will be worth in future who knows, and who cares. I agree with everyone in collect what you like at your means. All I was trying to say is that most of this stuff is going to private collectors who love it and will have it for a very long time!!!! A those of you "Dealers" who sell to them can't have your cake and eat it to. Are there investors involved, of-course, but think, if we all sit back you will see that in most cases when you buy a card or better yet a group you always think if you are paying a fair market price. Sure you may pay three times what you think it's worth because you just had to own it, but never the less you still thought about it. That sounds like investing to me. I know, what about one of a kind items. There's always another close item to all most every "one of a kinds" for you to come up with a close price you would be will be pay. Just my two nickels. Who the hell cares what I say anyways my wife sure doesn't. Just a joke!!! But true!!!!